Ayano Sugiura (杉浦 綾乃 Sugiura Ayano ), is the current student council vice-president and she is often not too honest with her romantic feelings for Kyōko and always refers to her by her full name when bursting into a room shouting the phrase "Toshinou Kyoko!" Ayano has a tsundere type personality and this shows when she gets embarrassed around Kyoko. Though as of Yuru Yuri san hai Ayano has started getting confidence and is starting to be more honest with her feelings.
She's rather tall for her age, being only slightly shorter than Yui. She has long maroon hair, with a ponytail extending to the middle of the back, and bangs covering most of her forehead and the sides of her face, with two locks reaching her shoulders. She also has red eyes.
She is usually seen with her school uniform, but when not at school, she usually wears colorful and fashionable clothes.
Ayano is serious in her studies and in her job at the student council. As a hard studyist, she constantly sees herself as a rival to Kyōko who always manages to beat her in tests without actually doing much of an effort, making Ayano mad every time. She often makes puns involving foreign words (mainly place names), which Yui enjoys; Kyōko tries to make puns too, but Yui never likes.
- Chitose Ikeda
- Kyoko Toshino
Ayano is in love with Kyoko. However, she is not honest with herself about her feelings until around the third season where she slowly starts to be more honest with her. Ayano takes on a very tsundere like personality when Kyoko is concerned and usually argues and tries to compete with her just to try to talk to her. Kyoko seems unaware of Ayano's feelings toward her. This pairing serves as the main fantasy pairing for Chitose during her daydreams.
- Yui Funami
- Coincidentally, her voice actress, Saki Fujita, voices Ymir from Attack on Titan, while Akari's voice actress, Shiori Mikami, voices Krista Lenz from the same series.
- Saki Fujita is also known to be the voice provider for the Vocaloid Miku Hatsune.
- She is the oldest of the Second-Year Students.
- She is the second oldest of all the students, the oldest being Rise Matsumoto, who is a Third-Year Student.
- Some examples of puns include:
- Bakkin (penalty), Buckingham
- Nai nai (no way), Niagra
- Doushi yo (what should i/we do), Toushou-gu
- Fight fight, Faifai Beach
- Anshin (at ease), Angkor Wat
- Yoyuu (surplus) wa, Arima Onsen (hot spring)
- Mon mon (worry endlessly), Mont Saint-Michel
- Taji taji (overwhelming), Taj Mahal
- No no, Notredame
- Aru aru (it happens to be), Alhambra
- Aka aka (bright red), Acapulco
- Duba (dripping), Dubai
- Pumping Pompadour